1. Information we may collect
Information you provide to us. In order to use most aspects of the site, you are not required to provide any information about yourself. However, we may ask or require you to provide certain information, such as your name, address, and e-mail address, if you choose to request information, contribute content to the site, or make a donation. We also may collect information from you (either on the site or offline) about your interest in participating within the Shrine Church, volunteer activities for the use in publishing schedules, calendars and plans. We may ask for or require this information so that we can respond to inquiries or communications from you or for other purposes.
Information that is collected automatically. Our services may collect some information automatically about your device. For example, the site may collect your Internet Protocol or “IP” address, information on which web browser software you are using, mobile device identifiers, and the web site that referred you to our site. It also may collect information about your activity on the site, such as which pages you choose to view. This information helps us to make the site more useful for you and our other visitors. We also may obtain geolocation information when you access our services from a mobile device.
Social Networks. If you choose to access or use social-networking services (such as Facebook. Twitter, YouTube or Vimeo), we may receive personal information about you that you have made available to those services, including information about your contacts on those services. If you choose to use social-networking services, you should make sure you are comfortable with the information those services may make available to us by visiting those services’ privacy policies. Any personal information we receive through social-networking services will be governed by this policy.
We also may use other kinds of local storage technologies, such as Local Shared Objects (also referred to as “Flash cookies”) and HTML5 local storage, in connection with our services. These technologies are similar to the cookies discussed above in that they are stored on your device and can be used to store certain information about your activities and preferences. However, these technologies may make use of different parts of your device from standard cookies, and so you might not be able to control them using standard browser tools and settings. For information about disabling or deleting information contained in Flash cookies, please click here.
Printed and Non-Web Publications. Information provided for certain Holy Trinity publications and communications media, including the weekly bulletin that is distributed in paper form at Mass and other types of communications, may be posted on our website. When you provide personal information to be included in our bulletin or other publications (as contact information for activities or programs, for example), that information also may be accessible on this site.
2. How we use information we collect
We may use the information we collect about you in connection with the site for several reasons, including:
- providing you with the information or services you request;
- responding to your questions and comments;
- communicating your identity and views publicly, when you provide information aboutyourself in connection with a public communication;
- providing you information that we believe will interest you;
- soliciting information and feedback from you, including through surveys andquestionnaires, and for other editorial purposes;
- performing analyses or for other purposes to improve the quality of the site and othercommunications media and services we offer; and as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
Our site also permits you to make online donations. When you make online donations, your information is kept confidential and can only be used by us to contact you to respond to questions or to notify you of any issues pertaining to your donation.
3. With whom we share this information
We generally will not share the information that we collect about you with third parties. However, we may share this information with third parties in these limited circumstances:
- to respond to a question or inquiry received from you or to provide you with information that you request;
- with our authorized service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host or operate the site or our other services, to operate our online donation features, to manage our databases, and to conduct analyses of site usage);
- in aggregated, anonymized or another non-personally identifiable form to third parties for various purposes, including to improve the quality of our services, the site, and the services we offer; and
- as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
One of the third parties that provides services on our site is Google Inc. Like many websites, we use Google Analytics, a service that provides information about how many users visit our Site, when they visit, and how they navigate the Site once they are here. Google offers a browser add- on that enables users to opt-out of having data about their visits reported to websites by Google Analytics. More information about the add-on is here. We also may use other Google Analytics tools, such as Demographics and Interest Reporting, which enables us to learn more about the characteristics and interests of the users who visit our Site.
4. Children’s privacy
We do not knowingly collect personal information on our site from children under 13. (We may, of course, obtain information about children under 13 from such children’s parents or legal guardians in the course of other parish activities.) Should we learn that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information through our site, we will delete that information from our database.
5. Contributions, user-generated content and external links
Our services may contain interactive areas where users might submit comments or other content (including information about the user that might be displayed in the user’s public profile within an online community) that may be posted on a service or otherwise published. If you use these features, please be aware that if you voluntarily disclose personal information (such as name, e- mail address, and the like) in content submitted for posting or publication, the information can be read and used by others. This may result in unsolicited messages from other posters or parties. Please take care when submitting content to any online services, including ours.
7. How you can access your information and contact us
Holy Trinity Catholic Church
Attention: Communications Director
3513 N Street, NW
Washington, DC 20007